Thursday, September 25, 2014

Totally Floored, and Appreciative

Thank you so much to Beverly McGowan Norman for thinking of me and nominating me for the 'One Lovely Blog' ward.
What a lovely award to receive.


Beverly writes an informative blog and shares her personal research and methods with all.  She is one lovely blog writer at Roots, Branches, and a Few Nuts.

Here are the rules for this award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to that blog
2. Share Seven things about yourself
3. Nominate 15 bloggers you admire (or as many as you can think of!)
4. Contact your bloggers to let them know that you have tagged them for the One Lovely Blog Award
It is always good to have a little fun while blogging.

Seven things about me
1. I am an Okie who has embraced Texas as my homeland (two great grandfathers arrived in 1838)
2. I have 6 children, 25 grandchildren which is why I travel alot.
3. I was a Registered Nurse until I retired to home school my children.
4. I am a pile organizer takes me forever to get things in a file.
5. I have three blogs and write for the WorldWide Genealogy Collaboration Blog
6. I became a Master Gardner and managed a Retail nursery.
7. I took the ProGen Class and finished it.  Great experience,

Now the nomination of 15 bloggers I admire.
1.  Heart of Story by Fran Jensen
2.  Empty Branches on the Family Tree by  Linda Stufflebean
3.  Tangled Roots and Trees by Schalene Dagutis
4.  HEART OF A SOUTHERN WOMAN by Helen Youngblood Holshouser
5.  Old Bones Genealogy by Eileen Furlani Souza 
6.  starryblackness  by Lynne Black
7.  American History and Ancestry by Tom Verenna
8.  Genealogy Heirlooms by Carmen Johnson 
9.  On a Flesh and Bone Foundation... by Jennifer Geraghty
10.Cone Chronicles by Cecily Cone Kelly
11.100 Years in America by Lisa / Smallest Leaf I also love (A Light That Shines Again )
12. A Sense of Family by Shelley Bishop
13. Ancestor Soup by Karen
14. BeNOtForgot by Vickie Everhart
15. BLissed-Out Grandma by Nancy

A good many of the blogs above I have followed and been influenced by since I first started my Joyous Tomorrows Blog. Some are new bloggers to me that I have met and read since joining the Genealogy Bloggers Facebook Group.  What I love about Genealogy Bloggers is they are always encouraging, and uplifting to each other.  
I'll be contacting the fifteen bloggers above, unless they happen to be reading and contact me first

6 comments:

  1. Well deserved! I found a few in your list that I'll be following.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, thank you, Fran! It was great to finally meet you at the FGS conference. Hope we can cross paths again very soon. Thanks for the honor of naming my blog within this list of favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the blog award, Fran, and thanks for nominating me to receive it! I'm honored to be one of the blogs you follow.

    ReplyDelete