Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sentimental Sunday, The Hero Was a Poet

I have shared my side of the experience of having our first child if you want to understand the Hero's poem you can click here and read the background.
We were very close and the thought of being parted at the very important event was painful.  He, being the writer he was, wrote a poem to allow me to know his thoughts while we were parted.
I Forgot to Tell You
I forgot to tell you
I forgot to hold you
I forgot to kiss you!
You slipped from me
and delivered she
without my hand to comfort thee.
That moment I regret
For I know how you must wept.
It would have only been a threat of time
To hold and squeeze you as though you were mine.
And so I must write this rhyme
To let you know I worried for you
To let you know
I love you.
Ned

5 comments:

  1. I don't need to tell you,

    You were a very lucky gal to have this remarkable guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I love this picture, not my first time seeing it, but it looks like he sees me, so I can't imagine what it is like for you. Like Carol said, you were very lucky to have him, and he you. And thanks for sharing the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your comments. Yeah, I know I think about it and wow am I glad he was an avid writer, and before his death shared many of his stories so I can pass them down to the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see a lot of Edward in that picture! Not sure if it's the looks, or the facial expression. Two handsome men, don't you think? :)

    ReplyDelete