Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year's Resolutions and Other Hopes.


I am hoping that this year by writing goals, I will not be found sleeping like my grandson through great opportunities.
My first goal is to be active in pursuing correct informaion.  (My friends like Lori are aiding me in that task).
The second goal is to make posts that are informative as well as pertaining to families I am researching at the time. ( Since I have become a member of the genealogy bloggers, I have had wonderful examples of how to present posts in this manner) Thanks to all.
The third goal is making time to research in the library.  Online is great, but I love browsing through the books and films.  Sometimes indexers and abstracters can miss an important bit of information. (Like the name of a son).
Fourth and last, I am not pushing the envelope.  I know my limits.  I will finish the task of organizing my files of family history so that they can be accessed for sharing with others and my family would not be left wanting if something happened to me.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful comment, I missed you too and am wishing you blessings for the New Year also. I hope it brings you all that you hope for along with health and rich memories in the making for generations to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hummer, I have enjoyed all your comments on Flipside this year. Thank you for following my blog. You have ambitious goals, but I know your will rise to the occasion. Also....LOVE the snow falling on your blog. HAPPY NEW YEAR

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I have a question (cute pic of B. btw) - Jim said that doing familysearch is even better than doing the research at Clayton. True or False? I'll take your opinion over his, as I know you know much more about Clayton than he does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clayton is wonderful and sometimes easier to find stuff than FamilySearch, however you have to have an adventurous spirit and know where to start looking.

      Delete
  4. Great goals. Especially 'The third goal is making time to research in the library'. It's so easy to think that internet research is everything these days. I wish you the best of luck and lots of fun in 2010!

    ReplyDelete