Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday Wrong Family

I had asked for a picture to be taken of what I believed to be my ancestor on Find a Grave.  Interestingly, it turned out that there were different names on each side of the grave stone. 
1. Patrick O'Brien
2. Julia O'Brien Dooley
3. J J McElligott & Catherine McElligott
4. W H O'Brien

I went to Ancestry and discovered that this was Patrick's wife who remarried just before 1870 and Patrick's two children.

In 1860 Geneva, Kane Co., IL she is a widow. Notice the misspelling of O'Brien.
Name                 Age
Julia Obrine        38
William Obrine     9
James Obrine       8
John Obrine         6
Briget Obrine       2




I found it interesting that Briget is Katherine in the 1870 Blackberry, Kane Co, IL census

Michael Dooley      53
Julia Dooley     45
William Obrien     19
James Obrien     17
John Obrien     16
Katherine M Obrien     14
It is definitely not my family but I offered the information on Find a Grave and hopefully it will help someone who might be searching for this family.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete