Friday, December 23, 2011

Today is the Third Year of Losing the Hero


The Hero with his family.
I wanted to thank all of my blogging friends and family on this night.  It was three years ago that the Lord mercifully took the Hero into his arms and gave him peace.  We did not want him to go, but it was at great sacrifice that the Hero stayed the extra month with us allowing us love and good byes that would not have happened if he had not given up freedom from pain for communication and hugs.  I am thankful to him that he desired to be with his family as much as possible during his last days.  We laughed, we cried, we said, "I love you."
He tried valiantly to make it to Christmas Eve to see his daughter that was driving through a snow storm to get home.  It was so hard to tell her he would not be home to greet her.  We were the only ones who knew she was on her way.  It was a surprise to the rest of her siblings.  We were thankful to have her with us.  My second daughter still doesn't want to be without family around at Christmas.
It has been a long three years, I know we will make it through, but not without some lingering tears.  I have had many around to shore me up when my knees were weak, for that I am truly grateful.
I will close tonight saying thank you again and thank you for listening to the Hero's stories.  He must be smiling at my being able to remember what he told me.  

5 comments:

  1. I am sorry Fran. I know it has been hard. I have enjoyed hearing your stories about him. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs and prayers to you and yours today, the day of celebration in so many ways. I for one have enjoyed the Hero stories. You were blessed to have such a wonderful man to share your life with, to teach your children, to love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Shari and Carol. Ye are my friends. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good memories are a special gift we give the ones we love. Thanks for sharing your and especially for being my online friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing your Hero with your readers - a true inspiration. May you and your family have a blessed Christmas, warmed by your special memories.

    ReplyDelete