Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories Holiday Parties

When I was growing up, my parents did not go to parties. They did go to family gatherings, but that was mostly just hunting for the men, dinner afterwards and later football games. Definitely not party material.
The Hero's family gatherings were much more like a party, special china, sometimes they played games.
Life was good miss those gathering. My mother-in-law is in Assisted Living and the children are scattered all over.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Hummer Sweetie...
    I wish you lived close to Phoenix. We would so love to have you over for Christmas. When we moved out here, we didn't have any family, so we have made our own traditions, and the family has grown by leaps and bounds. We are now (8) grandkids richer and in laws added to the number. There is always a lot of fun in this house for the holidays.

    I will make sure I email you some photos sweetie. Hang on to the memories, they get us through don't they?

    Many hugs and so much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete