Saturday, December 11, 2010

Blog Caroling: 'I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day'

I am joining FootnoteMaven's Blogging Carol. Click on the blog name to join.









Through my married life years, Christmas was many times filled with challenges.  I even lost the Hero on the 23 of December.  I identified with this carol even if it was written during the Civil War.  The dispair, the pain, then the uplifting close of the carol that leaves you with hope and joy from the words spoken at Christ's birth.



3 comments:

  1. One of my favorites. It was written by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, and my Dad used to recite all his poems, even the long ones like Hiawatha and Paul Revere. This one was easy to remember because you could think of the Christmas music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Christmas carol, too. It was almost my choice for a carol this year....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has always been one of my favorites, too.

    ReplyDelete