Saturday, January 9, 2010

Happy 101 Sweet Friends Award

I feel like Goofy. Gawrsh Guys, I'm embarrassed.
I have been enjoying my grandchildren, and reading the newest post on Carnival of Genealogy. When I finished I checked my emails and I have my comment feed on my iGoogle page.
I saw there were two new comments posted. I went to read them because I love your comments. Sometimes I am fortunate to have someone give me pointers in how to do a better blog. That has helped me tremendously. Other times I just feel like I have had a good sit down chat with a friend. I have not ever understood why some people do not like followers. I do, because I get to go and find new friends with similar interests. Oh my, the genealogy community has so many wonderful blogs that I am now up to 984 blogs that I am following. I love reading the blogs.
Once again, I digress, back to my emails. When I looked at my comments section, I was at once surprised and humbled that two fellow bloggers, Carol at Reflections From the Fence and Lori from Genealogy And Me had given me the Happy 101-Sweet Friends Award. I know some feel they can't accept awards, and I understand that, but it gives the giver a special feeling in offering the award.
So I say THANK YOU my friends and I will pass it on.




You are supposed to list 10 things that make you happy.
I of course could just post my six children and lump their children in and my list would be full, however I will do it right. ; )
1.) My Faith in Christ
2.) My six children
3.) Sitting outside listening to the sounds of nature on my farm
4.) The laughter of children
5.) Finding more about my ancestors
6.) Flowers
7.) Friends
8.) Helping others
9.) Sharing my knowledge of Family History with others
10.) Giving hugs

These are the things that came first to my mind.

Now I need to share this with 10 fellow bloggers. You know the beauty of this is not only do you get to know the person you have shared with better, but you get to find out about more people as this progressively grows.
This in not in any special order, I love them all. Please go by and visit if you haven't already.

1.) Dr Bill Tells Ancestor Stories ( He has started a group on FaceBook that I have gotten some riends interested in telling their family stories)

2.) Lori at Stories of my Ancestors ( Lori has been my great encourager since I started)

3.) Aine at Haven ( My daughter and helper she is doing the "Love Dare")

4.) Sherry at Country Wings in Phoenix ( Just visiting her blog makes you smile)

5.) Linda at Flipside (She always has great things to share)

6.) Janet at Janet the Researcher ( a retired librarian with oodles to share)

7.) Lucie at Lucie's Legacy ( a down home family sharing girl)

8.) Elizabeth at Little Bytes of Life ( She has helped me a lot in correct blogging)

9.) Tina at Hopes and Dreams of a Texas Grandma

10.) Mildred at Mildred's Menagerie (one of my calming and uplifting new friends)

These are not all geneabloggers, but they are all friends. Stop by and enjoy the ambiance each has to offer and feel uplifted.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for giving me this award. I do enjoy them and appreciate them.
    Your list is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU Frances for the award. Love, love, love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ever so much for your kind words and the award. Wishing you a very nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the award, hummer. :-) I'm glad you enjoy my blog. :-) You're a very sweet lady and I enjoy your blog very much. Have a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the award! Hope your week is going well : )

    ReplyDelete