Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sentimental Sunday The Hero's Favorite Food

I was fixing lunch for my sister-in-law.  She said I will eat a peanut butter jelly sandwich.  That brought a memory back.
The Hero LOVED peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. He used to "bug" me, because I would make a 'gourmet' meal and what would he do?...He would have to make a peanut butter jelly sandwich afterwards or the meal was not complete. I would say "I am so insulted, I worked so hard on this meal and you don't think it tastes good without a peanut butter sandwich."  Then I would pout and he would give me a smile, a kiss and finish his sandwich. For him, a meal was just not done until you had a PBJ.
I wish I had a picture of him with a PBJ. He had a special technique for making his PBJ sandwich. 
The first step was to put butter (real butter) on the bread.
The second step was to add the peanut butter.
The third step was to add jelly.

The final step was to eat it all up.

Our grandson decided that butter definitely added a great "eatable" flavor.
Which would you prefer? With or without butter?