Saturday, June 6, 2009

My School Roots


I was searching for pictures of where I went to school and at ePodunk Edmond, OK, I discovered several pictures.
When my mother transferred from Tonkawa to Central State College while my dad went to refrigeration school in Oklahoma City, I was enrolled in school in the first floor of this building. Our cafeteria was in the basement. Next door was another building that housed a wonderful library. I learned to love to read there. We were privileged to use the gym and swimming pool of the college. The reason for all of this was the school used us for their graduating teachers to student teach. We had the best of all small town schools. It gave me a wonderful background in education. For my parents, because my mom was going to school here and my dad was head of the air conditioning department, it kept me close so they could watch over me. If I can find some of the bulletins or pictures of the time, I will post them.

1 comment:

  1. If you would like some help with those land records why don't you email me with the info and I will see if I can help point you in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete