Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sentimental Sunday Celebrating the Hero's Birthday!

Last week was the Hero's birthday. He would have been 66 years of age.  It is hard to believe how time keeps moving.
Add caption
It was always our joke that he married a child... I was only 16, that is said with a wink.  He inherited a gene that made his hair begin to silver when he was 25.  By the time he was 30 he had heavy silver hair.  When we had our last son in our 40's, people would ask about his grandson.  It was a bane to him.  He was not ready for the early silvering.  I told him I hoped my hair would be as beautiful a silver as his when I began to grey... He would smile at me because he knew what I was trying to do.
Well, I will say it publicly today, Happy Birthday Hero, I know you are smiling and busy where you are now.  Miss you.
To all, hug your sweetie and tell them you love them.
Night.

2 comments:

  1. Only 66. Since I just turned 64, I find this especially shocking. I'm sorry you lost such a wonderful partner so very young. You honor him with your memories. Love to you. Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely post Fran, you were and are very blessed to be loved by such a wonderful guy.


    (Like the new template for the blog too!)

    ReplyDelete