Monday, November 2, 2009

Tombstone Tuesday Family Group Sheet

How would you like to run across the Family Group Sheet of your family when searching a cemetery?

I was out helping with Find a Grave picture taking when I came across a tombstone that had a name of Gunter, a presumed ancestor of mine.  I went to look at it closer and what a find this would have been had it been my line.  Look at how this family did their tombstone! Most children are buried close by. A blooming family group sheet on the front and back.  I just had to take the pictures to show you all.  I love it!




 

2 comments:

  1. I just LOVE headstones like this. They are rare, but out there just waiting to be found. We have quite a few here in the county that tell the Shire in England where the interred was born. Jump the pond via the headstone. Wahhooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see the connection to Lori here.

    Somehow I don't think that I have ever seen any tombstones like this, I must keep my eyes open for them the next time.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete