Thursday, March 11, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday Descendant Gifts

I have expressed before and will always say that sharing of genealogical data and pictures is important.  I love it when I know that if my house burns there is someone else with my precious possessions. That all will not be lost.
And if something happens to me the information will not be lost to generations to come.
I had the blessings of receiving copies of pictures of George Vance and his wife Susan Harper Vance that was taken when they got married.  Not a wedding picture, but one of each at that time in their life.
The owner does not know who did the colorization of pictures, but it did not alter the appearance.  Love it that we now have these pictures.  Thank you to a distant cousin that was thoughtful enough to share when she found my family tree on Ancestry.com.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post. I first began doing genealogy about 5 years ago. My parents are both gone, and I am an only child. Our house had burned with all our memories in it. I joined Ancestry and place a public family tree online in the hopes I would meet family...and do you know what? I did. I heard from a cousin I had never known existed...and through this cousin who kindly sent me some pictures, I now I have one photo of me as a little girl with my father. I cherish this link to the past.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete